TWIN OAKS PLANTATION
1,913± Deeded Acres
Twin Oaks Plantation is a 1,913± acre historic plantation located just five minutes from downtown Thomasville in the Red Hills plantation belt with this being the first time this land has been available for purchase since the late 1800’s. It is surrounded by many exceptional plantations including Melrose, Longpine, Pebble Hill, Sinkola, and Beverly. These are some of the original plantation lands purchased by the Chapin-Hannas in 1891. Over 150,000 acres of plantations in the Red Hills can be traced back to the Hanna family’s influence on their friends, family, and business associates who shared a passion for the recreation these southern properties offered. The landscape is rolling with two-thirds in upland pines, along with the “Big Hammock”, a gorgeous bottomland forest. Water resources include nearly two miles of Lee’s Creek and a 12± acre lake. The main house is situated on a hill with views of mature pines and pastoral fields. The allure of the history of these productive lands is possibly only rivaled by their proximity to downtown Thomasville. This property, along with much of the surrounding acreage, is protected from development by a conservation easement.
Acquired by the Chapin-Hanna Family in 1891, Twin Oaks has not been available for purchase in a staggering 127 years. This land has been the heart and soul of its owners since the nineteenth century, which can be felt when standing next to the virgin longleafs or colossal hardwoods on site. Twin Oak’s location to Thomasville is unrivaled for a property of its size and character. The main entrance is literally only five miles from the heart of downtown Thomasville. It is nearly just as convenient to the Bradfordville area of Tallahassee. For a plantation of this size, Twin Oaks truly is a property with characteristics not found elsewhere in the Red Hills.