When looking for land to buy, people often seek a prominent feature that will make their property unique. Sometimes it’s brow frontage, a creek, well-manicured pastures, or old-growth hardwood trees. Rarely do properties become available that offer all of these things. Even more rarely do these kinds of properties become available within a short drive to major metropolitan areas. Creekside Falls is one of these properties that remarkably combines all of these features. Located on Lookout Mountain in Northwest Georgia, the property is 2 hours from downtown Atlanta and less than an hour from Chattanooga.
Creekside Falls has incredible sunrise views along the Eastern brow of Lookout Mountain and its own private waterfall along roughly ¾ of a mile of Allgood Branch, a tributary of Teloga Creek. The property has 282 acres that are comprised of a mixture of pasture and hardwood forests. Wildlife includes deer, turkey, and black bears. There are 2 barns on the property. One has historically been used for equipment and the other is a move-in ready horse barn. There is an 1800s log cabin that can be used for peaceful weekends, retirement, or as a staging place while you build along the brow or creek.
The property is 15 minutes from internationally acclaimed McLemore, which is ranked in the top three of Golf Digest’s “The best courses you can play in Georgia”. It is also within 25 minutes of Cloudland Canyon State Park. The park has 3,500 acres for hiking, biking, horseback riding, caving, and fishing. The charming town of Mentone, Alabama’s restaurants are an easy 15-minute drive as well.
Full Photo Gallery
“Creekside Falls is an incredibly unique opportunity and checks off all the boxes for features sought after on a quality mountain retreat in northwest Georgia. A new owner can enjoy this low maintenance, move-in ready property on day-one.”
Overview & Facts
- 282± acres on Lookout Mountain in Menlo, Georgia with gorgeous eastern brow views.
- Private waterfall and roughly three-quarters of a mile of Allgood Branch, a tributary of Teloga Creek.
- Nice mixture of well-manicured pastures and mature hardwoods, including old-growth forest.
- 1800s dogtrot log cabin.
- Move-in ready horse barn and additional equipment barn.
- Excellent deer and turkey hunting.
- A short drive to Cloudland Canyon State Park, restaurants, and world class golf.
- 45 minutes from Chattanooga; less than two hours from downtown Atlanta.