Tanners Mill is one of the most impressive estates in the state, located in Gainesville, Georgia, just an hour northeast of Atlanta in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains. The landscape is rolling and pastoral with outstanding water features including a six-acre lake, miles of Walnut Creek, and cascading waterfalls. The fenced pastures meander around wooded forested areas creating beautiful and tranquil pockets around the property.
The five-bedroom manor house is 10,665± square feet and custom built in a European ranch style with incredible attention to detail and scale. Highlights include a stone exterior, a rare red slate roof, hand carved front doors, reclaimed beams, wide plank floors, 35-foot ceilings in the living room, a theater, and expansive covered porches. The house is surrounded on three sides by Walnut Creek and creates soothing sights and sounds from the home and beautifully manicured gardens.
Additional improvements include two handsome, gated entrances, guest houses, a 40,000± square foot equestrian facility/luxury car barn, horse stables, four board fencing, and several other barns and workshops.
The Wings Group Represented the Buyer.
Full Photo Gallery
Overview & Facts
- Beautiful and tranquil 447± acre estate in Gainesville, Georgia, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Impressive 10,665± square foot European ranch-style manor with five bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms surrounded on three sides by Walnut Creek.
- House features include a stone exterior, red slate roof, hand carved front doors, reclaimed beams, wide plank floors, 35-foot ceilings in the living room, a theater, and expansive covered porches.
- Great water! 6± acre lake, miles of frontage along Walnut Creek, and waterfalls.
- 40,000± square foot equestrian center/luxury car barn/event venue.
- Other improvements include stables and rolling fenced pastures, barns, and guest houses.
- Two striking gated entrances and paved internal roads.
- Two picturesque covered bridges.
- Beautiful rolling landscape of pastoral hills and mature wooded forest.
- Located just an hour northeast of Atlanta and 20 minutes to Lake Lanier.