Northwest Georgia Preserve is an incredibly unique 900± acre property located where Lookout Mountain and Pigeon Mountain meet. A core piece of the former 11,000-acre Mountain Cove Farms, this property is now surrounded by protected state-owned lands. The Preserve has an 11-acre spring-fed mountain lake along with other good water resources.
The landscape is diverse and much of the property has been managed over the years for a release quail program. This is one of northwest Georgia’s best locations with great access to several of the area’s venues, only 50 minutes to Chattanooga, and 1 hour 45 minutes to Atlanta.
Full Photo Gallery
“The Preserve’s features resemble the types of properties that don’t come along very often, which is reflected in the fact that there have only been two owners since the 1960s.”
Overview & Facts
- Very desirable location where Lookout and Pigeon Mountains meet
- Just 50 minutes away from downtown Chattanooga and 1hr 45min to Atlanta
- Diverse landscape of hardwood forests and fields with sections managed for quail habitat
- 11± acre lake plus two small ponds
- Modest but well-maintained cabin overlooks the lake
- Beautiful private waterfall
- Surrounded by state-owned land
- Very scenic with some nice views