Blackberry Creek Farm
Blackberry Creek Farm is the ultimate mini-farm with exceptional amenities and a vibrant location outside of Rome, Georgia. Inside the gates, the property is meticulously maintained and well-equipped for independent living with great water resources including 0.43± miles on the Coosa River, a nearly two acre stocked pond, Blackberry Creek, gardens and mature fruit trees, equestrian facilities, and comfortable living quarters.
The property offers year-round enjoyment and a convenient location, just a quarter tank’s drive, to over 7,000,000 people.
Full Photo Gallery
Overview & Facts
- 250± acre turn-key gentleman’s farm in Rome, Georgia, at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains
- 0.43± miles of frontage on the Coosa River
- Located just minutes from Rome’s restaurants, shopping, and hospitals and only 65 miles to Atlanta, 79 miles to Chattanooga, 102 miles to Birmingham.
- 4,184± square foot main house with three bedrooms and two and a half baths, featuring mountain views; gourmet kitchen renovated in 2019 with top-of-the-line appliances and finishes; main floor master suite, with renovated bath; electric-vehicle charging station; great room with reclaimed barn wood and large stone fireplace
- Excellent year-round recreational opportunities
- Stocked 2± acre pond
- 1,288± square foot guest cottage with two bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, exposed beams, and a fireplace
- 1,068± square foot garage apartment with mountain views
- Four-stall horse barn with tack room, office, equipment room, hay storage, restroom, and adjoining chicken coop
- Extensive four-board fencing and three paddocks
- Beautiful established gardens with a Normandy wellhead, herbs and flowers, organic berries, and apples
- Honey bees maintained by a seasoned beekeeper
- Two 500-gallon fuel tanks
- Cell-controlled gated main entrance and three service gates
- 1-gigabit broadband availability
- Great hunting opportunities for whitetail and turkey
- Over five miles of four-board fence, pastures cross-fenced
- Offered turnkey with equipment and most furnishings; the manager would like to be retained
Maps & Downloads
Blackberry Creek Farm is located in the beautiful Appalachian foothills of northwest Georgia in Floyd County. Rome, just minutes from the front gate, is the largest city in northwest Georgia with about 36,000 inhabitants. With the Etowah and the Oostanaula Rivers meeting here to form the Coosa River, the area has attracted travelers and settlers for centuries. It is a vibrant small city with a strong arts community, a passion for history, regional medical hub, internationally recognized Darlington school, and exceptional recreational opportunities.
The main entrance to Blackberry Creek Farm is only 63 miles from Atlanta’s northern I-75/I-285 interchange. Just north of Rome, the Richard B. Russell Regional Airport (RMG) has a 6,006 foot runway for private aviation and is located 15 miles from Blackberry Creek Farm.
Northwest Georgia’s climate is classified as humid continental. There are four distinct seasons in Floyd County, with some of the best weather in the spring and fall months. Although winters are colder in northwestern Georgia than in other parts of the state, they are not severe. Winter snowfall very rarely occurs. The average high in the summer months is in the upper 80s, with average lows around 70. The average highs in the winter months are in the mid-50s, with average lows in the mid-30s. Annual rainfall is 54 inches.
The houses, barn, and grounds at Blackberry Creek Farm are all well-done with an eye for detail, function, and comfort.
The 4,184± square foot main house is a southern style farmhouse with a deep wrap around porch. The house is three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms, and has a recently-renovated gourmet kitchen featuring high-end appliances and finishes. The bright and cheerful family room with floor-to-ceiling windows allows for great views of the mountains and, located just off the kitchen, is the go-to gathering spot in the house for friends and family. The first-floor master bath has also recently been renovated to include a soaking tub, large walk-in shower, custom cabinets, and heated stone floors. The two-car garage is attached by a covered walkway and has a second-story private apartment views of the mountains and of the beautiful geometric boxwood gardens.
Guest House, Barn, and Other Improvements
Across the main lawn from the main house and in a similar style is a two-bedroom guest cottage with its own idyllic rocking chair front and back porches. This 1,288± square foot house has a first-floor master suite and a loft with beds and a bathroom upstairs. The great room has a wood-burning fireplace flanked by bookshelves and windows.
The barn was designed with four horse stalls along with a tack room, office, equipment room, hay storage, and a bathroom. There is also a small chicken coop and dog kennel in the barn’s footprint. Extensive four-board fencing is throughout the property and includes the three fenced paddocks.
Vehicle fueling needs, whether farm or personal automobiles, are handled by two five-hundred-gallon tanks enclosed in a secure structure. There is also an electric vehicle charging station located in the main house garage.
The Coosa River makes up the entire northern property line and offers both motorized and non-motorized boating, with a public boat ramp conveniently located just one mile from the property’s entrance. The fully stocked two-acre pond provides year-round fishing, and the property has no shortage of wildlife offering great deer and turkey hunting. There is an ideal spot to plant a great dove field, as well. The property is also well-suited for equestrian activities and well-located for countless hiking and biking opportunities.
“Blackberry Creek Farm includes nearly all the requested property features we get from prospective buyers. It boasts great water resources. It has nice vistas of the nearby mountains. Great location to a nice town and ultra-convenient to modern amenities. The structures are charming, inviting and very tastefully constructed, and the property as a whole is impeccably maintained and in superior condition. This 250± acres packs in a tremendous amount for a property of its size.”